4.20.2009

dripping wet

Despite the the unforgiving sun and the scorching heat we experience all-day (hot hot hot), we are somehow given a taste of the coming rainy months by nightfall. Indeed, when i went home to the province last weekend, i was surprised to find the ground wet with rain. Sis volunteered the information that it has been raining there for almost a week now, almost every night--a welcome change to the smoldering hot nights that have been ravaging us in the land called the Philippines. when i arrived last night at my Boni abode, i was greeted with a heavy downpour that spelled c-o-o-l, even just for one night. Seems that rainy days are set to arrive in the coming weeks. well, its just an unofficial prediction from a gentle observer that need not be taken as a declaration of a pure, absolute and immutable truth.

In any case, i have exhumed from the vaults a blog entry i wrote that spelled a major disaster to my office uniform, that one fine day of August 07, 2007. Let this be a warning to all. heed this, and be saved. :)

after months of waiting for rain here it comes pouring. rainy season here in the philippines should have already started around june but its only last week that it came in full force. i write this entry after having braved the heavy downpour, waiting for public transport that came in trickles amidst a sea of people anxious to go to their work places ; powerless to stop the lashing winds staining their uniforms wet. to make my case worse, my trusty umbrella turned traitor on me as a hole so small as to go unseen all these months made itself known to me like an epiphany--in trickles the water came, soaking a good part of my uniform. i had to hold my umbrella then at an angle that would deflect the drippings away from me. ahh, such is life. after a decade or so of waiting, a bus arrived. against my will i was forced to take it lest i'd really be soaking wet. the ride took me to the train which would be more convenient in sunnier climes but given my predicament i would have been happier riding the F/X vehicles plying Quezon Ave-Quiapo but each and everyone of them passed me by... brimming with passengers. so i had to take the train. going to the station from where the bus dropped me is another hurdle--rain, rain, rain everywhere. happily the train ride is uneventful and is a welcome change from what has happened to me so far upon waking up this morning. running late, i decided to take a cab from the train station; a decision i'm not happy with, as all taxi cabs that passed me are already hired. every minute that ticked is a sad reminder that i could have been luckier had i taken the second option of taking two rides again--the first another train ride and the second, taking the orange-colored shuttles that ply vito cruz street dividing manila and pasay--taking me straight to my work. one easy taxi ride seemed tempting enough. that is until you realize that everyone had that option in mind. at this point the rain is still beating hard on me. with the streets flooded and water splashings here and there from vehicles that do not care to take a second look at pedestrians they terrorize, my shoes and socks became the sorry casualties. i arrived at work stepping finally down from the prize taxi with socks dripping wet. what a nice way to start your day, huh?

5 comments:

Herbs D. said...

anak ng butanding! hanlakas ng rain sa qc kagabi.super dyahe. my rubber shoooezzz was all wet and all

pero ayun. it was quite a lifesaver from heat stroke hehe

A.Dimaano said...

Ang init pa rin eh kahit umulan.

Sabi ng PAGASA dala daw ito ng cold front. Ahihihi, feeling matalino na naman.

Ang weird ng word veri: culansha

the geek said...

i love when it rains!

kaso, kawawa yung shoes ko. hehehe

lucas said...

umulan pala kagabi sa QC? hindi ko yata naramdaman ang ulan dahil sa sobrang init...

earlier this afternoon sobrang lakas ng ulan. hanggang ngayon nga naulan pa din. binaha na nga kami...tsk...

gusto ang rainy season pero mahirap talaga kapag nagbabiyahe...

---
we all wish to call back time...

ah yung time-turner ni hermione? may nabibili nun sa e-bay. bili ka! hahaha!

peace out!

ShatterShards said...

I don't like the rain. The only time I can appreciate it is if I don't have any plans on going out of the house, and I am warm and cozy under my comforter. During the weekdays when I have work, or on any time when I have to go out of the house, I curse the sky for sending down that rain.

It's kind of weird, though, because I used to love walking home under the rain. I savored that activity when I was in college, then, it altogether stopped.

word verification: submkxzx... pahirapan ba ako?!