9.02.2009

the great calm

It feels like I’m perpetually in a calm before the storm—the storm hovering at the periphery of my vision, never materializing, but still managing to make its presence known; like a shadow lurking at the corners of a dark street, or a lump at the back of my throat. (oops, am I making sense?) I feel like i'm floating, not being able to make a decision as to change this course I am in, right now. Or, I think the question I should be asking myself is, is it really time for me to be making the big decisions? Or should I wait it out until the right time comes along? Sigh. Such is the state of things right now. Like Harry Potter, I know I am still destined for great things. It’s just that circumstances conspire and compel me to act differently from what I really am underneath; compels me to be this eternally shushing librarian perpetually ignorant to the finer things in life, like going out for a late-night beer drinking party with friends, maybe?

3 comments:

Mugen said...

Sometimes, our calling comes when we least expect it.

citybuoy said...

i'm sure there's more to you than being a librarian. if all librarian's looked and wrote like you, i'm sure we'd have less stupid people walking around. hehe

gentle said...

@ knox - sigh, sana that calling remembers i've an appointment with it na.

@ cb - hehe. ikaw ha. can you tell outright that a person is stupid just by that person's look?!