1.24.2010

praktis ako ng praktis!

Most of the time I feel like that kid in the lucky me commercial. The crybaby who said to his mom with tears staining his chubby cheeks “praktis naman ako ng praktis”, when he learned he didn’t make it in the tryouts. Well, I haven't really been practicing, in the past two months. Actually I’ve been in hibernation, so to speak, when it comes to the matter of regular exercise; so I have no right to compare myself to the kid. But I share his frustration. Mine’s been accumulated over the years, as I tried so hard to maintain a slim figure through diet and exercise, afraid of going back to my old form—that fat kid everybody loves to squeeze because he’s so squishy-soft, but low in self-esteem coz he’s physically different from all the normal-looking kids around him. But yes, as the past entries lamented, I’ve been letting my guard down. I’m still far from that picture that I loathe looking at, but I will not wait for the time when reality meets history. In the last four days, I’ve been trying to go back to yoga. My sessions have been itty-bitty ones, not the full-length sessions I used to do. Small steps, but steps nonetheless. I’ve my exercise bag with me now, so that after office I could go back to working the treadmill at the gym. As I said in my previous entry, no weights first. I just want to feel the regularity of exercise coming back to my system. Yes, it’s me again back to “praktis ng praktis”, lets just hope I get to see some results in due time. Sabi nga ng nanay sa commercial, “tomorrow is another day”.

9 comments:

Gram Math said...

good luck to you.

citybuoy said...

good luck, gentle!

wanderingcommuter said...

me really considering going to a yoga class. me likey! hahahaha! adik?

practice lang ng practice!

Dhon said...

>Good luck!:)

VICTOR said...

I tell everyone polite enough to listen to me: "Want to lose weight and ward off aging? Practice alternate fasting!" LOL.

Anonymous said...

all the best! good luck sa iyong pageexercise!

the geek said...

@ewik: ohhhhh.......i would love to see you do yoga. ;)

dabo said...

cardio like jogging actually don't burn fat effectively. Nagbuburn ang body ng fats, kung ang hininga natin ay nag-puff na. cardio is only good for cardio, that's it... mainam ito kung involve ka sa endurance activity

So tried a different approach sa treadmill, try sprinting..

say a minute of jogging, then a 30seconds of sprint, do this in 5 or ten sets.

Pero kahit ako takot tumakbo ng mabilis sa treadmill.. I prefer open ground. kaso ang hirap gumising ng umaga. kainis.

lastly, kapag puro jogging ka lang, nagagamit ang muscle mass ng upper body mo. kaya ang combination ng cardio at muscle building, medyo contradicting sila sa isa't isa, pero not necessarily mali, medyo ano lang, hindi ganun ka-epektib. unless na-cocompensate ang loss ng muscle mass mo thru diet.

(anyway nabasa ko lang ang mga sinabi ko sa magasin hehe, pero i rest assure. btw mahirap magsprinting kung may h.blood ka.. at don't overdo it.)

ahmer said...

yan din ang project ko ngayon! : D