11.03.2009

the checklist

Member data record, check.
Form 1, check.
Certification of member contribution, check.

I remember doing this exact procedure—going from one office to the next, obtaining the required documentation and signatures, around july of last year when I elected to have a newly discovered tendon cyst surgically removed at the Makati Med. The process I underwent involved punching two holes around my wrist and pressing on it hard, forcing the gel-like cyst out from its receptacle. It was done by way of local anesthesia, and was finished in a matter of five minutes. In a matter of one month, the mound that was flattened, grew back to its original size. It’s been more than a year already, and once again, prompted by cancer-scare brought about by the recent turnouts of cancer cases in the family, I once again go under the knife. Only this time, the doctor, who is an orthopedic surgeon, suggested that I go to sleep because local anesthesia might not entirely cover the pain once the procedure begins. Natatakot ako. Di pa nga ako nadedextrose sa tanang buhay ko, ngayon kelangan kong matulog for an operation? Pano kung di na ako magising? Masakit ba ang tusok ng karayom, going through your veins? I have to accomplish this major task before the year ends. Ayoko nang palaging may iniisip. But before that, I’ve one more major outing with the guys this coming November 13 at Caramoan, in CamSur. I know, it’s gonna be hard on my part, trying to condition myself to enjoy an outing knowing that I have to take care of serious business once I get back to the metro. But I’m not Gentle for nothing. Pleasure has always been my province. But pain? Uhm…

7 comments:

Unknown said...

that's scarry dude, I hope mawala na 'yan after your operation. I'll pray for you.

Never been to camsur, take photos ha para kunwari nakapunta na din ako

Fine Life Folk said...

pleasure and pain when mixed sometimes result to something else other then pleasure and pain. good luck with the discovery.

Anonymous said...

haha! may cyst ka rin. that is SO funny... meron ako idiopathic ganglion cyst.. o-ha...

caloy said...

evrything will be alright. :D so stop mentioning cancer. ika nga, malayo sa bituka yan. :D

gentle said...

@ everyone - salamat for giving me the courage to face what i have to face. nakakataba ng puso just reading through the comments. :)

citybuoy said...

oh no! i hope everything goes well. tama lang na tanggalin mo yan. mabuti nang masolusyonan yan habang maaga.

carina said...

waahh..nagkaroon na rin ako nito! pero nakuha sa therapy! scary!