8.10.2009

good ole family warmth

Whew. The weekend passed me by without so much pomp and ceremony that I barely felt the weekend pass me by at all, hehehe. I felt like I was floating, limbless, in the three days that I spent at the province; lying on the mattress in front of gael, passing from one death note episode to the next; from one filler episode of one piece to the next. It was a typical weekend, if one would call it that.

Nanay’s homey paksiw na bangus reigning supreme over a bed of steaming rice. Ate’s cooking adventures, with me as first mate—sprinkling salt, pepper and other spices (because she’s too afraid to go overboard/ miss out on the measurements, hehehe)—and my nephews lining up for taste tests of her culinary concoctions afterwards. Our “unggoy” time right after dinner when cj asks his kuya in his cutest way for “tutuyi” as I massage ate’s scalp.

As an added activity, ate was able to finish the harry potter movies in a marathon that geloy and myself engineered. Hehehe. She’s so busy working, even on weekends, that the scheduled brownout announced one day ahead at their office turned out productive—relating to our bonding time, and her knowledge of harry’s adventures.

So she stayed at home and watched the three remaining harry potter films, in between our cook-ups of bicol express that nanay so craves for these days. The last movie she saw prior to our marathon was chamber of secrets. ain’t that a shame, noh? Hehehe. Harry’s already falling in love with ginny. Ron’s running to escape lavender’s affections; but harry remains to be the cute-face kid of 12 in ate’s mind. imagine her reaction seeing harry dueling it out with voldemort at the end of the order of the phoenix.. precious. Oh, that’s me btw. I just love watching facial reactions from people while they’re watching movies I’ve already memorized from countless viewings. Hehehe.

T’was a rainy weekend but my heart surely warmed with good ole family togetherness. I wish I could freeze frame in my mind my weekends in the province forever. For they may not be the spectacular, traveling, mall-going, cinema-hopping weekends that urbanites like us have been accustomed to, but they surely make me feel like a child again.

To float, from one episode to the next.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

sarap naman ng kwento mo. there is something about home that always makes me feel warm.

Mr. Slutty said...

Naglaway ako bigla sa paksiw.

At naiyak ...

sa word na "Inay".

I miss my inay so much =(

To add insult to the injury, word veri is diessess

wanderingcommuter said...

ive been away from my family for so long taht reading this post made me suddenly miss them. huhuhu!

citybuoy said...

awww... it was nice to ride your train of thought. one day weekend lang ako ngayon so i'm a little jealous. to top it all off, birthday ko nung sabado at sa office ko siya sinelebrate habang nagpapaspeech drills. :c

the geek said...

days ago, i was in a situation where i craved for nanay's care. instead, friends took over.

lucky you...

Anonymous said...

haayyy... miss nanay...

--E